This is a general form that can be used in cases where two (or more) composers work together to write a musical composition. This particular agreement shows the authors who manage their own actions. The host artists` contracts in this section are written agreements used by host and live performance artists to enter into contracts with different parties during the development and independence phase of their careers. More detailed or varied versions of recording artist contracts and artist contracts can be available in other sections of our website. Whichever contract you choose, you may feel safe in the relevance and accuracy of the contract, as each document has been designed by a professional entertainment lawyer. If you have any questions about our contracts, contact our team via our online email form. Without clearly defined divisions, there is a chance to argue. For example, if you and a co-author write a song, you might have a different idea of what splits are. Evaluated by Rocket Lawyer On Call Attorney Joseph Leon, Esq A Collaboration Agreement is a contract between artists working together on a project. Lennon and McCartney, The Marx Brothers, Andre 3000 and Big Boi, many art forms, including writing, music, theatre and filmmaking, often involve collaboration between two or more people. A business cooperation agreement defines the conditions of the parties` working relationship, including the type of creative work they intend to do jointly, the sharing of responsibilities and the sharing of profits. This is where splitsheets and musical cooperation agreements come into play. Our record artist contracts are used to consolidate agreements with different parties throughout your musical career.
Download your contract today. Each of the scenarios of 1, 2 and 3 could do without a secondary artist agreement. Do I have a signed document that says how much copyright I own? Note that the contracts listed below are only entry models. You have many other options out there and it`s always a good idea to consult a lawyer to get your own model checked and approved before signing. 1- What are some of the main points of agreement in a music publisher`s agreement? Below are 6 important chords that you should focus on meeting, no matter what stage you are in your music industry career. Contract to settle an arrangement in which a producer and singer collaborate in the writing of songs, the performance and production of a recording and composition. The agreement provides for the definition of roles, schedules and ownership divisions for master`s and composition. Absolutely amazing information! I have 2 related questions that I can`t have an answer to: 1. If I have a complete demo and I hire a producer/engineer to produce it/mixer/mastern for me, and it asks 4% of the copyright (the remaining 96% are mine, since I`m the only author).